IMPORTANCE OF RITUCHARYA IN
PREVENTION OF DISEASES :-
Dr. Mukesh kumar
Department of Swasthavritta & Yoga
• Ritu is the division of time.
• One ritu is consist of two Masa (month), three Ritu make
one Ayana and two Ayana make one whole year.
Months & seasons according to
Indian & international calender
Masa Length/days Start date Ritu Season
6. Cold &
1. Characteristic almost same as Hemant ritu, but
cold increases as compare to Hemant,
due to clouds and rain.
It is the starting of Adan kaal so
Rukshata starts to appear in weather
2. Pathya ahar vihar Same as Hemant Ritu but should
be followed strictly.
3. Apathya ahar vihar Same as Hemant Ritu specially
Katu,Tikta & Katu rasa should be
Specail precaution should be
taken from direct wind.
4. Samanya vyadhi &
Same as Hemant, but Vaat
causes more problem so should be
1. Characteristic Surya bala increases
Sanchit sleshma of hemant ritu
starts melting & obstructs the
jatharagni & causes many diseases.
Rukshata increases (rukshatar)
• Last 7 days of outgoing
season and first 7 days
of coming season.
• Importance – period of susceptibility for various diseases.
• Should not leave do’s & don’ts of the previous season &
switch to regimen of next season suddenly.
• Padansh krama – slowly adjust to new regimen
• Ritus depend on the geographical areas around the world,
there may not be all the 6 Ritus in all countries.
• Ritus may not follow ideal presentation or sequence
always, in that condition one should follow the current
• Changes in the environment brings the change in body, so
if one modifies his routines according to season he can
avoid the Nij vyadhi.
• Along with following Ritucharya one should take Shodhan
as per the season so to expel out the Dhoshas accumulated
in body due to effect of that season.
Oct. 13, 2021
Aug. 15, 2021
Jul. 3, 2021
Jun. 5, 2021
May. 16, 2021
May. 4, 2021
Apr. 17, 2021
Mar. 21, 2021
Feb. 25, 2021
Feb. 22, 2021
Feb. 17, 2021
Feb. 1, 2021
Jan. 30, 2021
Oct. 14, 2020
Sep. 15, 2020
Sep. 15, 2020
Sep. 4, 2020
Aug. 20, 2020
Aug. 19, 2020
Aug. 17, 2020
Importance of ritucharya in prevention of diseases (Ritucharya ke anushar Ahar & Vihar.)