Your Business GPS to Brazil
Our mission to accomplish.
Partners in execution.
• Who are the new competitors?
• How to improve the competitive position? How to
maintain profit margins?
• How to deal with global competitors?
• What products or services could replace ours? How
attractive are they to customers?
• How to reduce dependence on key suppliers?
• What are the opportunities and threats arising out of
• How the business model will be affected? How is it
impacting the customers?
• Which regulatory trends may affect the market or your
• What can affect customer behavior?
• How is the market is changing? How does it affect the
clients? How does it affect the business?
• Where is the demand declining? Why? Where are the
opportunities? What to do?
• How does the company differentiate itself? Easy
replacement by the competition? Are they able to buy
cheaper products and services? What for the clients are
willing to pay?
• How the economic outlook will affect the market?
• How to access the capital needed? How to reduce the
cost of debt?
• How to adapt the company to the price trend? What is
the price trend for the main resources and materials?
• How the tax burden interferes with your business?
▪ Market Forces ▪ Industry Forces
▪ Main Trends ▪ Macroeconomics Forces
▪ You have most certainly identified the vast
business opportunities existing in Brazil.
▪ However, you also know that Brazil can be a
tough proposition for companies aiming at
initiating business in the country.
▪ Even if setting aside cultural and language
barriers, it will be necessary to secure
support for overcoming the difficulties
imposed by the complexity of the business
environment in Brazil.
▪ In many sectors, the Brazilian market is well-
developed, and the competition will be
fierce. Local knowledge will be paramount
Brazil is very attractive,
but a challenge not for
▪ It is quite common to see foreign startups
relying on one hired person or expatriate, to
do everything at this early stage, to minimize
▪ However, if starting up a business in Brazil is
a tough job for a team, it is a doomed task for
just one person, irrespective of her
qualifications and market relationship.
▪ Quite often, foreign companies try to
replicate successful models with no
customization to the Brazilian business
▪ The selection of the right business model for
the entry strategy involves decisions on local
business partners. Inadequate screening on
them may result in expensive consequence
and even failure.
you can tap on lessons
▪ Have you researched the market and
verified the fundamental assumptions of you
▪ Have you assessed the market? How well do
you know your competitors in Brazil? How
will your value proposition differentiate?
▪ Have you fine-tuned your Strategy and
▪ How to attract and motivate people to
execute your plans in Brazil?
▪ What kind of organization will be needed to
support your strategy?
▪ How well can you understand the complex
Legal, Fiscal & Regulatory environment in
maybe you still have
▪ Nobody knows your business better than
▪ What is your vision for your company in
▪ TGPw will support you from a feasibility
assessment to implement and run the
business if you require it.
▪ We provide you with a "Smart Landing" in
▪ Your Vision is our Mission to accomplish.
…but you can count on us for a
real business expertise
▪ Commitment to the sustainable growth in
the value of our client’s company.
▪ Focus on implementation driven by the
sense of a mission to accomplish.
▪ All senior executives with a proven track
record of results, extensive experience in
developing and implementing strategies and
management companies, and large
networks, in Brazil and abroad.
▪ Management during the startup phase
or beyond, as necessary. Ad Interim or
TGPw is different
from any consulting
1. We provide you with a quick Feasibility
Assessment for your planned business if still
2. We will work with you to develop the entry
Strategy, adjust the Business Model and
design the organization.
3. We will partner with you for the execution
of the defined strategy, including running
the startup if you wish.
We will summarize and clearly identify the
conditions required to make feasible the
entrance into the Brazilian market.
▪ It is essential to validate your basic assumptions and look for
relevant information for your final decision.
▪ To Identify the main competitors, their relative size and
market shares. To Understand their Value proposition, and
their main competing factors and go to market strategies,
including distribution and communication channels and
Legal, Fiscal and Regulatory Environment
▪ Determine the impact of the Brazilian legal and regulatory
environment in particular in terms of licenses required and
time necessary to obtain them. Impact on costs (both direct
and indirect costs).
▪ We will work with you to define the entry
Strategy for Brazil, focusing on differentiation
and cost reduction, simultaneously (Value
Innovation - BOS).
▪ Then we will ensure the alignment of the
Strategy and the Business Model, followed by the
design of the required Organization to support it.
▪ As a result, we will generate a detailed Business
Plan (Marketing Strategy, Operations, and
model and design of
We work for your company to have a system of
value creation, which sustains and maintains its
differentiation and competitive position.
entry strategy, business
model and design of the
▪ We will develop the Action Plan and implement the
▪ If a part of the strategy, we will provide you with a full support
for any M&A process and will take care of the post-deal
integration. Joining forces with a Brazilian partner can be
beneficial if you wish to sell direct to the Brazilian market. A
strategic business alliance, either involving equity
(Corporate Joint Venture) or merely contractual, will require a
careful selection and full local support to mitigate risks.
▪ You will have full assistance for the creation of the
startup (office, plant location, Legal & Fiscal, people search,
Supply Chain and Logistics, BPO solutions, and so on).
▪ During the implementation, we are willing to run the
business if you need. Alternatively, our SoundingBoard ™ -
Service Advisory Council solution can support you and your
local CEO for monitoring the strategy execution. You will
never be left by your own.
Strategy is directly linked to leadership and
execution. We can run the startup if needed.
▪ Increase of the value of your
▪ Maximize the chances of
accomplishing your vision and
the business goals in Brazil.
▪ Considerably shorter learning
curve for doing business in
▪ Avoid wasting money and time
▪ You will experience a
3 15 105
Partners Core Team Associates
TGPw is a Consulting firm
structured in collaborative
TGPw – Hubs: global reach
Brazil – Sao Paulo
Paulo Simas - Co-founder, TGPw Managing Partner
Arthur Vasconcellos - Co-founder, Partner
Christian Stephan - Co-founder, Managing Partner NA – Toronto, CA
Ronald Dickins - TGPw - Hub Mexico
Jeff Johnson - TGPw - Hub Ann Arbor, USA
Wilberto Lima Jr - TGPw - Hub Boston, USA
Luiz Camargo - TGPw – Hub Greater Seattle, USA
Tom Patton - TGPw - Hub Washington DC, USA
Stanley Fukuyama - TGPw - Hub Japan
Cor Saris - TGPw – Hub China (SDS Ventures)
Marisa Rada - TGPw – Hub Zaragoza, Spain (PTB Global)
Rua Alexandre Dumas 1711 5* andar
São Paulo – SP CEP 04617 911
Tel. + 55 11 2599 8320
2045 Lake Shore Avenue, suite 2603
Toronto, ON M8V 2Z6
Phone + 1 416 710 0665
Our mission to accomplish.
Partners in execution.